Tuesday, May 6, 2008

STAGECOACH!

So, I get home around 3:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon and Jimmy tosses me a folded up piece of paper with 2 tickets to Sunday's STAGECOACH Country Music Festival...Long story short, I guess there was an older lady who sees he and Aaron at Starbucks often and always talks to them. She found another Deputy at 7-11 where she was trying to give the tickets to one of the workers, since the worker couldn't get the evening off, Jimmy was next on her list to give the tickets to. So, Bishop (the other deputy) calls Jimmy and gives him the tickets.



I had always wanted to go to it, but the tickets are WAY too expensive and we coudn't afford it, but since these were free...why not? He asked his mom to watch the kids and of course she said yes! Our friends Lyndsey and Aaron were also going that night, so we were able to meet up with them. There were TONS of people, but it was a fun experience. We met up with Aaron's brother's neighbor who gave us their VIP bracelets, but the VIP section was absolutely insane. We didn't end up with very good seats, but the music was great and I got to see Carrie Underwood for a second time! We also saw Gretchen Wilson and Big and Rich. The outfits we saw that day were quite interesting...glad I didn't try to show up in my bikini, Daisy Dukes, cowgirl hat and boots.....would have been quite a sight huh???? Well, it didn't matter what size you were....that's what you saw a lot!!!!! What were they thinking?????




It was a great spontanous date night! The walk to the car was not so much fun, but I thought it was worth it! We enjoyed ourselves! Here are a couple of pictures I took. The others didn't turn out so good because I just had my small camera and the lighting wasn't too good as far back as we were!




4 comments:

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

It was fun even though we had to leave early. It took us about 25 minutes to walk back to the car. And it was completely by mistake that we even found the car.

Begin to Breathe said...

YEEE-HAAW!!

What a great surprise!!! Glad it was worth the last minute details. We'll have to get a big group together for next year! See you this weekend!

xoxox
jess

Our Three Peas said...

I am sooo happy you all got to go!!! I have also always wanted to go but I agree about the price of the tickets! Each year I say to Josh...we'll go next year. Well we will see if that happens! LOL! Glad you all had a fun time! Love the pics! :)

Luv,
Ash :)

Jacobs' castle said...

Wow!! So totally envious! I am SOOOOO glad you guys got to go! And what a perfect night to hear! You guys totally deserve that date night!! YEAH GOD!! He always seems to provide in the most unique ways, huh? I knew He was a country fan!! Good luck this weekend! See you tomorrow,

Jori