Thursday, February 7, 2008

Autumn is 5....time sure does fly!






I can't believe Autumn is already 5 years old. To celebrate on her day, we made cupcakes for preschool and then took her to Good Stuff Pizza for dinner. Grandma and Kathy were able to join us for dinner, so we had a small little "party" for her. We will have her big party next week with Austin's birthday.




Turning 5 comes with it's challenges! Where did that attitude come from?? Surely not me! Unfortunately, I think she did get it from me. Hopefully we will be able to work on that area of our lives!


She just couldn't wait to open her presents. We got her a couple more horses and daddy found her a great large horse stuffed animal which she named Starlight after a horse book she got from mommy for Christmas! She had to take it to preschool today and slept with it all night last night!
I just can't believe how time flies! My little girl is almost a kindergartener...I was told yesterday by my principal that she could even start right now and go to 1st grade next year...don't think I am quite ready for that one!
On another note, this week has been quite a week...Lots going on in all areas of my life. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming. We are having to try to decide whether or not to keep Autumn in the current preschool she is in. I have been unhappy with it from pretty much day one and my unhappiness has been confirmed by State visits and MANY violations of state requirements and making NO effort to make any changes. I just don't know what to do at this point in the year. I may have to take a day off next week and check out some more preschools to see if I even have an option of moving her at this point in the year. I thought we had made a good decision when we put her there. Granted, she has learned a lot, made friends, has great teachers, but some other aspects of it are just unnerving! Hopefully we will come to a decision in a week or so whether or not to keep her there.
Well, it is late and I need to get to bed since my stupid crowns are bothering me...I just got the new permanant ones put on today and might have to go back again to have them adjust it once again. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Tata for now...




4 comments:

Marion said...

Awww shoot!! I forgot to call and wish Autumn a happy birthday!! I will tomorrow:). Thanks for all your love, prayers and kind words the last few days...It does mean alot! As for the preschool thing - we've been there too...Follow your intuition. Love ya.

Begin to Breathe said...

Happy birthday Autumn...sure wish we could attend your party next weekend.
I know mom...growing up fast. Why push her into kinder now? that's just a year earlier for everything in life! I think you are being wise. She'll just be at the top of her class next year:)
xox...jess

Our Three Peas said...

Happy Birthday Autumn!! It is hard to believe how fast they grow up! It seems like yesterday we met at DSC and they were both babies! Crazy!!! Hope you had a great Birthday and I need to get her size. :)
Ash

Phillips Family said...

Ya....she gets the attitude from you ha !!! Remember we lived together :) Ah you know I love you. Well she either got it from you or I must have rubbed off on her somehow.

anyway happy birthday to her... summer is bringing my gifts!