Monday, June 23, 2008

Relaxed???


Do we look a little relaxed or what? Well, we have been the past couple of days. Mom and dad took the kids to Colorado for this week, so we have been kid free for 2 days...don't get me wrong...we do miss them, but have enjoyed just having each other for a bit! Yesterday we went out to lunch after church, then went to a movie, then to some friends' houses. Today we went up to the Palm Springs Tram and hiked around a bit. If anyone wants to see how out of shape they are (like me!)...just walk up and down the hill from the tram and you will see! I sure am not a hiker, but I really tried today. Had to take a few...make that a lot...of rests, but we had fun anyway! Jimmy can be tough to keep up with sometimes! He is a dare-devil...UNLIKE his wife! I did pretty well climbing the rocks though. Enjoy some of the pictures we took today! What a beautiful place to be!

7 comments:

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

Yeah, that sidewalk back up to the lodge area is a beast. Once I had to walk up it carrying Ryder,who was asleep, after trudging thru knee deep snow. I was almost dead by the time I reached the top. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Helfer Party of 5 said...

Is it cooler on the mountain?? What fun to have a few days off of parent duty!! It sure is fun and such a blessing...it's my belief it makes you better parents!! :0)
Enjoy your time together and we'll hopefully see you soon!

Our Three Peas said...

Love all the pictures! That is a huge bird you are by! I am glad you all have some you time...that is so important in all of our lives to remember to take time for each other. :) I hear you on the not being a hiker part! I sure did realize how much I enjoyed it. Maybe we can all go sometime...I take lots of brakes too! Thanks for today!!

Luv,
Ash :)

Jen said...

Great post! I'm so glad you and Jimmy are having some alone time together...what a treat! Enjoy every moment!
Love ya,
Jen and the Durkee gang

Begin to Breathe said...

looks like you are ready for the bump n grind!! glad you have had a chance to enjoy some kid free time. bet you miss the little munchkins though. thanks for the text yesterday checkin' on me. i'll give you a call later today or tomorrow to catch up. really want to stop by your house for scrappin', but at his point i will have my kiddos. we'll chat.

xoxox
jess

Jacobs' castle said...

So glad you and Jimmy are able to enjoy some time! You both deserve it!!! Love the pictures, and SO proud of you for the hiking...you are my new hero!! ;o) See you tomorrow!

jori

Anonymous said...

awesome photos!! This is my first time stopping by.