Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home safe...


A family picture with my Grandma...90 years old! The reason for our trip to Colorado!

Well, we survived our 12 1/2 hour trip today. We left mom and dad's house this morning at 5:35 or so and arrived here about 5:00 our time. The kids did awesome on the trip. Austin wanted out of his carseat and for me to hold him several times, but we managed to distract him and keep him in his seat...believe me...it was tough...he melts my heart sometime and I wanted to take him out! Autumn watched quite a few movies on the way. We had a good trip and were glad to be home a little early to go swimming in our 90 degree pool and just hang out for a bit before bedtime. The kids took about 5 minutes to fall asleep...guess they were a little tired.

We had a great time with family, it was VERY busy and didn't have too much time to talk to some family members, but it was fun to see everyone. We had everyone except 5 of the family members. I think there wasa total of about 79 people, so you can imagine how crazy it got! We had 20 kids under the age of 7...try keeping that many of them from running in the highway (just in front of my parent's and grandma's house), getting into the fast moving ditch, and just getting along with each other! We managed, but there were some times of stress!

Austin had a great time playing in the small ditch my dad uses to irrigate with. Autumn saw that he was having so much fun and decided to join him! They were quite a mess, but they had a great time.

I took Jimmy to a couple of wineries (sp??) and he got some great pictures. I also got to see some old friends and teachers while in town which was a lot of fun. I will post a couple of pictures, but we have TONS, so it is a little tough to pick.

5 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

welcome home...
so glad you had a safe and fun trip. love your colorado pictures. man i miss that place! looking forward to catching up. i'm off to the beach today...

xoxo
jess

Helfer Party of 5 said...

Glad you all made it home safely! What fun to "go home"!! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Day

dengman said...

Howdy,
I am glad you guys are having fun in Colorado. Enjoy your time away from 115.
the Cookmans

Jen said...

Hey Jana, Love the picture of the kids running through the ditch...priceless! I started our own REALLY basic blog under durkeefamily.blogspot.com if you want to check it out!
Love,
Jen

Jacobs' castle said...

Belated welcome back to the desert...glad you guys had a great time! And I am glad to see you all made it home from the car ride in one piece!! :o) As always, the pictures are amazing!!

Jor