Sunday, March 2, 2008

Giddy up!



We had the wonderful opportunity to take Autumn and Austin horseback riding on Saturday. One of the guys Jimmy works with has a small "ranch" in Yucca Valley and invited us to come up. He was awesome with the kids and so patient with them. He showed them how to clean out their feet, lead the horse and even taught Autumn how to ride all by herself and steer the horse. They did absolutely awesome and had a SUPER time. He even rode with Autumn and started teaching her how to "giddy up" the horse! She was so cute up there on the horse and a real natural...oh no...a sign to come. She can't wait to go up there again and "go fast up the mountain."



On another note, I have been faced this weekend with some very challenging things. It is so hard sometimes to understand why life brings us the challenges that it does. I struggle to understand sometimes why God makes us wait on answers and have been challenged to just stay in prayer and trust that He has everything under control. I just sometimes wish the answers came a little quicker than they do...you know what I mean? So, I continue to pray for many unspoken prayer requests that I have and continue to wait on His timing and His direction! Until next time...I am praying, praying, praying!

5 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

Great post Jana...Love the pictures of the kids on horseback. To be a kid again...

You will be in my prayers...sometimes it is hard to wait for answers. I know we can count on the fact the He is forever faithful! Hang in...

xo
jess

Our Three Peas said...

Love the pictures of the kids riding! You all take some awesome pictures. You may need to save your pennies to buy Autumn a horse someday...:)
I agree that it is hard sometimes with the things we sometimes face. Still one of my most favorite verses is... Do not worry about anything, instead pray about everything, tell God waht you need and thank him for all he has done. Thanks for being a great friend!
Ash :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of the kids...they would fit right in here at the Durkee Ranch! Keep praying...God is in control and He is faithful. I know you know that, but I just want to encourage you to hang on and look up :-).
Love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hey, we had a great time too! We should make plans to go again.

And yes, I know what you mean about unanswered prayers. Just remember His timing is perfect. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great! The kids are so darling!

I so understand "not understanding" but I do know our God is faithful in all things.... much love to you.

April